I received my new model 12 lrpv in 6br norma about a month and a half ago. Was super excited to get it to the range. Was a long wait. First thing I noticed was it didn’t appear to have a recessed target crown on the barrel. Had to send the rifle back due to a major chamber issue. I advised Savage about the crown and simply sent it back hoping that they would address both issues and get it back to me. When I got it back they did NOT address the barrel crown, chamber appears to be somewhat smoother and they knocked a small piece out of the stock about 1” from the front. Once I saw these problems I immediately called Customer service.
I’m not on here to just rant but I feel that Savage really needs to address a serious quality control issue before it has a negative impact on their reputation as a supplier of some really accurate and dependable long range bolt action rifles. Does anyone have a photo of what the inside of a chamber on a lrpv should look like when new? Or just a good description. I posted a couple of photos earlier but just got one response that it was somewhat questionable. Looking for some ideas on what I might should be looking for. You help would be greatly appreciated.