Quote Originally Posted by prdatr View Post
Savage "Quality" in general has been in the toilet for decades, No Chit. Customer Service is non existent, as you found out. The only thing that they have going for them are cheap prices, die hard old school fans. cheap prices, easy barrel change system and cheap prices.
"If" you can get past all the problems, you just may come across a few that shoot MOA but for the most part the "juice isn't worth the squeeze" on new rifles.
weird, all of my new savages are as good or better shooters than the two flat back 110's that i had (both 7mm RM and both roughly MOA). now i have had three 300 WSM's that have been from early to late model accutrigger and two 6.5 creedmoor (one 10 years old and one one year old) and all are half MOA shooters or there about. Add in the multitude of half to 1 MOA 110's and axis rifles they far outnumber the 3 savages that i have ever owned that were over MOA. As a matter of fact, 3/4 of my Savages have been more accurate than my 3 Remingtons, 3 Brownings, One TC 2 Tikka and one Ruger. I don't own the 3 Savages that were easily over MOA, and only have one Tikka and the one Ruger (that i got last spring) left... and a dozen Savages.
Now i do have 2 custom and a Proof Elevation that shoot as well as my best savages, but i don't know if i can shoot much better than half MOA groups anymore... so maybe they are more accurate and maybe not.
I just can not agree that the old ones are better than the new ones. The only issue i have other than a little rough machining (that doesn't affect the operation) is the one 12 FV in 22-250 that has an ejecting problem about half the time. The 22-250 problem is well known.

Overall, those are pretty good odds to get a good one.