For many years I’ve always been a fan of exceptionally high quality small parts. The pins, springs, screws, etc. I believe they set Good from Great! Call it placebo. Sure, I’ll concede that. But they make me feel good. It’s the reason I use Titanium screws wherever I can. I’m already using a custom firing pin I machined to fit the bolt head perfectly. And while the Striker is machined from S7 tool steel, I machined a new Cross Pin from 6AL4V Titanium, leaving the striker thicker through that section. Because although factory Savage Cross pins with the larger holes had a habit of breaking, my Ti cross pin won’t.

This past week I also made a Titanium Trigger Pin which fits a bit more snug, and machined a new Cocking Pin from the same 6AL4V Ti. Also machined it to fit more snugly in the Cocking Piece & Cocking sleeve. I just enjoy machining these little parts.

Trigger Pin. Not only more snug fit, but also left the head a bit bigger.

Cocking Pin. This just fits better in every way. Amazing what a few extra thousands in certain places does overall.

Besides these, my BAS, Bolt Handle & Bolt Knob are also 6AL4V Titanium. The BAS & Handle I got online, but the Bolt Inobi also machined. I’m also working on a Titanium Recoil Lug for the new barrel when it comes.