Hi everybody,

First off I like to say thanks for all of the information here on this forum. It's a wonderful resource,
Especially since I became a Savage F/TR owner early last spring.

I'm happy with my 308 so far.
You hear it all the time, "...great shooter out of the box...". This one is no exception. I love how it makes me look like I know what I'm doing when I'm at the range. It's kind of like knowing the secret to a good magic trick, the trick being how to shoot sub MOA. ;D

From time to time I think about changing the stock. There are several reasons. One being ergonomics and another being pure looks. In my humble opinion, the factory stock is pretty bland. I've replaced the cheek rest 'lump' with a Karsten in a effort to tune it up a bit. That made a world of difference in the comfort department. I'm still not satisfied.

I like the Look of the Prairie Dog Special by Stockade. If I change up, this will be what I get unless I see some compelling arguments against it. My hesitation in swapping stocks is mainly because I don't want to mess up a good thing. This rifle, as I've said, shoots great and I don't want to screw that up just for the sake of a (any) new stock.

So, all that being said, How hard is it to change stocks - really?
What are the chances that my rifle won't shoot as well after the stock swap?
I've never done any bedding before. I'll admit I'm a little apprehensive about this. Is that going to be a big deal?

Thanks

B