I was concerned that I'd have trouble with recoil using this barrel in a handgun setup. My hands have given me trouble and heavy recoil just isn't possible for me anymore. Since it's long enough to use as a carbine, that's definitely a cool option but I've hoped that recoil is mild enough to be able to keep it set up like this.

The good news is that the range session shooting a fair number of rounds through this as well as my 223 Contender didn't seem to have much effect on my right hand at all. Recoil with this round is more noticeable than the 223 but not by a lot. The factory rounds are snappy and I'm sure if I get 100 grain bullets up to maximum velocity they'll make themselves felt but all in all it's pretty pleasant.

I followed up on measuring those groups ( was able to pull up the photo in actual size) and the smallest looks like just over .200 and the largest seems to be right at .325. Even at 50 yards, that's pretty satisfying. We'll see if that holds up at 100 yards but it's easy to see that this is going to quite a shooter. :)