No bites yet? :)
OK. The funny looking shim is 0.012" brass stock, drilled for the trigger pin, sanded down flat (about 0.0105" now), applied Brass Black to find any rubs/high spots.
The thought here is small diameter shims still allow the trigger to rock in the hanger. Covering a larger area of the trigger gives it more support from rocking.
I bent up the edges of the brass shim to keep it in place.
I used a regular shim (0.010") on the other side to take up remaining side play. I also added a 0.008" shim to the outside to take up extra space on the trigger pin.
This required a lot of fitting to get the side play right and not increase trigger friction.

The spring setup I used (for the 2/7oz trigger) was a Blade spring from China via ebay. Got a pack of 10, 0.3mm X 5mm X 15mm. Bent up a loop to fit in the hole in the trigger.
Blade force ended up a tad less than 2oz.

Now, to keep from losing the original 8oz Blade spring, I bent up a short tit on the end and used in as a trigger spring. I cut a little off after I measured trigger force. Took almost all night to fit the parts for minimal friction and that "just right feel".
2 oz feels like nothing to an AR shooter, and the step up to 7oz total is easy to find. Side force tripping is MUCH better.

The final test will of course be the Wife on the range.