In the 80's a friend sold me a TC Ser# 13,xxx with a 10" 44 barrel and 1.5 TC Scope. I kept it for a few year and put a 223 14" barrel on it I used for hunting and was able to get groups the size of a dime with handloads and H322, which was about $5 a pound at the time. I eventually sold it and got an XP100 then sold that a few years later. FF to about 2010 I bought another TC with a 14" 223 barrel and kept it for a few more years and sold it to a friend who was looking for one.
Well I got the itch again when someone posted a 30 Herret barrel. I kept it for a few months and then traded it for 22 barrel. Now I have a chance to get one with a 14" barrel in 223 for $700 which seems fair. It has the plain wood furniture with rubber back on the grip.
So I started looking at TC's on GB and see that there seems to be a few frame variations and was wondering if someone could explain them to me. I see the usual one with the cat but also saw one that was listed as Madcat and some are listed as Easy Opening. TIA