Quote Originally Posted by TXCOONDOG View Post
Fair enough, you are correct and forgot to mention. Paper and shooting steel to 1000 yards. I'm also kicking around the idea of PRS matches.

FYI- My LGS just called and said he has a 110 Elite Precision in 6 CM that he could let go for 1550.00 out the door.
I recommend going with what YOU want. Not because anyone tells you. You are going to get several shooters telling you to get this or that Action. They told me for years as well(some of them even thinking they were telling me something I didn’t know! LOL!) No… don’t listen to what others THINK you should do! You see, I enjoy the Savage 110. And I spend a decent amount of money making my Savage 10 both run incredibly well and be very unique. Obviously I know a custom would perform better in the long run.(longevity that is.) But I don’t compete anyway. I shoot for me. Because I enjoy it. Although the hobby of firearms goes far beyond just shooting for me. In the end, any Action with a quality barrel & parts, using worked up reloads, is going to be very accurate. One Rig being several thousandths more accurate isn’t on my Radar because I’m honest with myself. Sure, I’m a quite capable shooter. Both Rifle & Pistol. I’d say I’m even quite good. I can hit a man sized target at very long distances. However, a teeny, tiny, group shooter, I am not. And a THOUSANDS of yards away, 1-mile, 2-mile and more… I am not. And don’t pretend to be. Too many shooters in Forums pretend to be something they aren’t. Any it’s not just the young guys either! I’ve caught more than one Storyteller of advanced years.

Keep doing what you’re doing… learning as much as you can. But in the end, go with your gut! As for the 110 Precision in 6CM you found. That’s a decent price for a great rifle. It’s using the best Action Savage makes; the Large Shank, small port style in Stainless. Decent price for a great rifle as long as you’re going to keep it 6mmCM for now. If you are planning to purchase just to replace the barrel to 6mm GT it’s a waste of money. Also, it’s only worth this if you really like that particular Chassis. I like another Chassis much more, so for me it would be wasteful. These are things only you know yourself.