Thread: Suppressed Questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D. Sanders View Post
    Personally, I would save my components for accuracy testing until after I get a suppressor because all the barrel harmonics are gonna change when you screw a 6-16 oz. chunk of metal on the end. Some cans make accuracy worse and some make it better but if you work up your loads with the can attached you'll know that they're the best that they can be. One more thing about user serviceable cans is to use some kind of reference point such as the logo or serial number on the outside of the can to line up the baffles in the same position inside the outer tube every time. Doing this will minimize any shift in POI when you reattach the can.
    Good thinking. All these replies are good. Your experiences will help me get it right the first time. When it takes $200.00 for the stamp and 9 months of waiting, plus the money for the can, there's no way to try them out and trade for another one if you're unhappy!

Basic Member
    FYI, JK-Armament has a deal going right now on their .30 cal. cans. Buy one and get a free .22 can. You'll still have to pay for the stamp but the can is free. The best deals/discounts on suppressors are usually on the days in and around black friday. I've seen some awesome deals during that time period but didn't have my $$$ right. I'll probably wait until then to buy my next one though.

I'm just starting to set up my new Bullberry 16.5" 25-45 barrel (Troy reworked the 25-45 Sharps reamer to make a tighter chamber and he's designated it 25-45 Bullberry). The barrel is threaded for a linear compensator so I can shoot it as a carbine with less muzzle blast. I realized that I can look at 25 ACP bullets and sub sonic loads and think about getting a supressor to thread on the barrel. For that matter, I could probably work up sub-sonic loads with heavier 25-35 bullets. :)
    I'm pretty sure there's a fairly deep rabbit hole looming in my future.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J A XSP View Post
    I'm just starting to set up my new Bullberry 16.5" 25-45 barrel (Troy reworked the 25-45 Sharps reamer to make a tighter chamber and he's designated it 25-45 Bullberry). The barrel is threaded for a linear compensator so I can shoot it as a carbine with less muzzle blast. I realized that I can look at 25 ACP bullets and sub sonic loads and think about getting a supressor to thread on the barrel. For that matter, I could probably work up sub-sonic loads with heavier 25-35 bullets. :)
    I'm pretty sure there's a fairly deep rabbit hole looming in my future.
    I am an incorrigible rabbit chaser myself!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D. Sanders View Post
    FYI, JK-Armament has a deal going right now on their .30 cal. cans. Buy one and get a free .22 can. You'll still have to pay for the stamp but the can is free. The best deals/discounts on suppressors are usually on the days in and around black friday. I've seen some awesome deals during that time period but didn't have my $$$ right. I'll probably wait until then to buy my next one though.
    Thanks!