Thread: Little machine time

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

Little machine time

I have been fully retired now for over a year...thus its been a year since I built a single shot. Well I wasn't able to buy what I wanted so I had to stroll out to the shop and fire up the machines. A few hours of re leveling and truing the machines....and then just a couple hours of work I produced my new backpack hunting single shot.[br][br]I had factory ammo availability on the mind so I don't have to hand load unless I want to, lighter weight for packing deep into elk/mule deer country, and a shorter overall set up to fit in my Exo K3 pack and be protected. Revolver hunting is 99% of what I do but sometimes you need to poke just a little farther...[br][br]I chose 308 Winchester for the chambering which is one of the most available cartridges even during shortages and it packs plenty of punch for the western critters I'm hunting. A Brux 1-10 barrel, Mico Bastard brake, Unknown foam core stock, Trijicon Credo optic, EGW base, Leupold back country rings, and a xp action.[br][br]Trued the action and bolt, bedded, muzzle brake work, fit and chambered the barrel, and so on......[br][br]Finished barrel length is 14.5"[br][br]Just a shade over 6Lbs as pictured.[br][br]and now its ready to hunt...[br][br][br][br][br][br]First 5 rounds. 130 Barnes at just over 3000 FPS. Top one was after bore sighting...then the second round a little high....last three were after the final correction at 100 yards.[br][br][br]

Basic Member
    She’s a beauty Chris! I love the barrel fluting

Basic Member
    Nice to see a post from you Chris. You knocked out another nice one.

Good job! A gun that's both fine shooting and extremely accurate!
    Good luck and good hunting.

Basic Member
    Looks sharp. Is that an XP action?

Basic Member
    Yes

Basic Member
    What case are you using to transport ? Been looking for a smaller case for my Savage PCS. Yours is a little longer than mine. Don’t like using my AR case so on the hunt. Thanks
    Savage 10 FCP-SR 308, 300BO PCS

Basic Member
    I just put it in my pack when I hunt….the floor board of the truck works for the drive out to public land to shoot