Thread: Bad Bore

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Dave,

Respectfully, you are telling the wrong poster to calm down and take a breath.

I don't have a dog in this fight either way. However tomme is just flat out over the top with his attitude. No way he "doesn't know" how he's coming across.

Not the first time I've encountered this exact same phenomenon since I've been back here. Some kind of cultural change in the forums over the last few years? Honestly, I don't care, it doesn't impress.

Not everyone who posts here is a "noob". Like Hylander, I myself also have tons of real world experience in this area. Been handloading since 1975, worked in the gun retail business for 20-ish years, shot competitively in service rifle, sillywet, and some benchrest, best friend was a gunsmith and master machinist. We shouldn't have to give our entire life's dissertation when we post to be "spared" the flaming of any certain "Savageshooters.com Guru" (whether they are, or just think they are a guru).

I first joined in 2009. I can remember when we could post any threads relative to Savage rifles (or shooting, or reloading, etc), WITHOUT receiving a childish rant or lecture in return.

In my book, "tomme" owes him an apology for his childish rant.
    12F, McGowen 6.5x284 1-8&quot; twist, Nightforce 12-42x BR<br />BVSS, McGowen barrel, 22-250 1-9&quot; twist, Nikon 6-18x<br />16 FHLSS Weather Warrior, Sinarms 257 Roberts, Pentax 3-9<br />Stevens 200, 223 bone-factory-stock, Nikon 3-9x<br />Scratch-built BVSS, LW 243 1-8&quot; twist, Viper 6.5-20x50 mil-dot

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke Slim View Post
    Dave,

Respectfully, you are telling the wrong poster to calm down and take a breath.

I don't have a dog in this fight either way. However tomme is just flat out over the top with his attitude. No way he "doesn't know" how he's coming across.

Not the first time I've encountered this exact same phenomenon since I've been back here. Some kind of cultural change in the forums over the last few years? Honestly, I don't care, it doesn't impress.

Not everyone who posts here is a "noob". Like Hylander, I myself also have tons of real world experience in this area. Been handloading since 1975, worked in the gun retail business for 20-ish years, shot competitively in service rifle, sillywet, and some benchrest, best friend was a gunsmith and master machinist. We shouldn't have to give our entire life's dissertation when we post to be "spared" the flaming of any certain "Savageshooters.com Guru" (whether they are, or just think they are a guru).

I first joined in 2009. I can remember when we could post any threads relative to Savage rifles (or shooting, or reloading, etc), WITHOUT receiving a childish rant or lecture in return.

In my book, "tomme" owes him an apology for his childish rant.
    Ok.. haaaave fun with that.

Anyway, heading to range now to do some shooting as the weather is great.
    Good on ya! Post how it went.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wbm View Post
    Good on ya! Post how it went.
    Today's range session was not with the Savage but it was an Awesome range morning.
    Looking forward to getting the Savage back to the range but that won't be for about 8 weeks.
    Failure is not an option

Banned
    HA! Probably still going to be sooner than receiving my new Criterion barrel! Just hit 4 week mark this past Wednesday. It was 12-20 weeks when I ordered. Patience is a virtue.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    HA! Probably still going to be sooner than receiving my new Criterion barrel! Just hit 4 week mark this past Wednesday. It was 12-20 weeks when I ordered. Patience is a virtue.
    Yikes,
    I got a Remage Criterion Barrel awhile back.
    I was lucky, waited less than a month.
    Got it from NSS
    Failure is not an option

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hylander View Post
    Yikes,
    I got a Remage Criterion Barrel awhile back.
    I was lucky, waited less than a month.
    Got it from NSS
    Yup.. I got one from James at NSS as well. But I ordered the barrel in the cartridge & extras I wanted. Not what NSS wanted to sell to me & happened to have in stock. So for that, it’s 12-20 weeks.