Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
Them are just sooo Smoove! Oh! The smooveness! It’s like the Tikka bolt glides on butter’d ball bearings made of Ultra-Glide! Why.. it’s smoover than if you you just motion racking the bolt! Smoover than AIR RACKING! LOL!

Savages shoot better. Always have. They look better to. Tikka’s are just FUGLY looking Actions. That’s why when you talk to Tikka fans, it’s nothing but talk about that Tikka “SMOOVEIVITY”!

Hash tag: SMOOVE!
Wow, someone doesn't like tikka fans.

And it is true the "smooverness" does not have anything to do with how well the rifle is going to shoot- but it does play a huge role in how it will function. It also tells you about the capability of the people making them, or at least if they care or not.

Not sure where you are getting the info that savages shoot better.... I think they both have a reputation for good out of the box accuracy. Also not a fan of the tikka action look- but that's pretty subjective.

I have a soft spot for savage rifles- probably because as a kid that wanted a 223 for coyotes more than anything- and waking up to a Savage on Christmas morning. But that also doesn't give me blinders to the flaws that they have. I think that the axis line should be avoided at all cost (just like the 770 and 783 that rem made). And that you should only buy a savage in the value range. Once you get into the $1200 to $2200 price range I see absolutely no reason to even look at a savage- because there's so many better options. I really can't believe that those elite precision guns ever move.... but that's just my opinion. It seems like savage has been pushing the price higher (more than just inflation) but not really doing anything to justify it. Savage guns should live in that $400 to $800 range IMHO.