Always seems stuff like life, work, etc has a knack for getting in the way of important stuff like loading, shooting, hunting, fishing, etc.

Barrel has been here 6 months now...and i still aint shot it yet.

I had made a few more dummy around with various projectiles, and found that quite a bit of my brass was tooo long for this chamber...i had formed it for a 10" .357B&D from the T/C custom shop some years ago, some had a couple of firings under its belt. Seems that SSK has chamber specs on the tight side, as compared to TC chamber specs.

must confess i loathe case trimming, and had put it off quite a while; when we moved i spent quite a bit of time getting the new man-cave set up, but never mounted my case trimming setup. So, the B&D brass, plus a whole pile of .30herretts, and some .270REN's, all were waiting patiently on me to take care of trimming. I get restless once September comes, since in my mind it should be cool & pleasant out...but that is not the case, and shooting with 100+ degree heat indexes takes a lot of the fun out of it. Next best thing was to get ready to shoot, so been on a loading frenzy the last 2 weeks.

Finally got my old Bain&Davis brass trimmed down, left me with a bit over a hundred cases. Since trimmer was already set up, i also grabbed a couple hundred pieces of Federal .44mag brass i had stashed back, and formed another 200 cases. With about 350 cases now, should not have to worry about cases for a good while.

did some googling, and also found links to some old .357B&D data, so copied that & will paste it below. Have a pretty good batch of assorted test loads finished now , using 4227, 296, & AA9, and i'm also curious enough to see if powders that have come into favor with blackout shooters may be of use. (SW-BO, CFE-BLK, 11FS, AA4100, etc)

Old data below, and the usual cautions apply...especially since this data was probably compiled & published before some more modern pressure testing methods have come into use:
(apologies for the scaling, just noticed these pix are on the huge side)