Thread: SSK50 Update!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I hope I'm on both lists. I ordered from SSK when they were announced and from Marty when I met him in Oklahoma City at the IHMSA Internationals.

Mine is in, I was on the Harley on a trip Saturday when I got the call. I answered on Bluetooth and was so shocked I thought it was a prank call, so killed the motor pulled over and said, your calling about what?

He'll I had forgot all about being on the list with Marty! It took a minute to figure out oh ya, well what do I do know outa state on the bike, and not getting home till next week. But Marty is great, said enjoy be safe and call .e when you get home.

So turn about is fair play, I just got off the phone, caught him on the road. But in the morning we will have the new frame on its way to my FFL.
    Ya it's been a few years so don't be surprised, but if yer on the list, the call is coming. As for new orders, that's getting closer to!

Now, since John is gone,,,, to find some new wood!

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    Mine is in, I was on the Harley on a trip Saturday when I got the call. I answered on Bluetooth and was so shocked I thought it was a prank call, so killed the motor pulled over and said, your calling about what?

He'll I had forgot all about being on the list with Marty! It took a minute to figure out oh ya, well what do I do know outa state on the bike, and not getting home till next week. But Marty is great, said enjoy be safe and call .e when you get home.

So turn about is fair play, I just got off the phone, caught him on the road. But in the morning we will have the new frame on its way to my FFL.
    Ya it's been a few years so don't be surprised, but if yer on the list, the call is coming. As for new orders, that's getting closer to!

Now, since John is gone,,,, to find some new wood!
    When you say you forgot being on the list, do you mean that you hadn't paid up front for it or forgot that you'd paid? It would be encouraging to know that the paid orders are done and they're starting on the unpaid waiting list. :)

You didn’t have to pay up front. You just had to pay when your name came up. Just because you paid didn’t put you in the front of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by KYODE View Post
    You didn’t have to pay up front. You just had to pay when your name came up. Just because you paid didn’t put you in the front of the line.
    Did you order one at the original price ($275, I think) and not pay?
    It's my understanding that 400 original (paid) orders were taken before the factory realized that the production wouldn't happen as planned. At that point they stopped taking orders. The paid orders are definitely at the front of the line and are being shipped first before moving on to the unpaid waiting list.

If you ordered you were in line at the original price. You could pay up front or pay when they got to your name…..at the original price.
    my cousin ordered 2. I traded him out of one.

Quote Originally Posted by KYODE View Post
    If you ordered you were in line at the original price. You could pay up front or pay when they got to your name…..at the original price.
    my cousin ordered 2. I traded him out of one.
    Then if you ordered at the original price, you're definitely ahead of those who hit the waiting list after they stopped taking orders. That was my point. If all the original orders were paid or not, they're getting priority. It'll be encouraging to hear about someone from the second-tier waiting list getting the opportunity to buy. :)