Thread: Electronic Scales

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I contacted Creedmoor Sports about the display and they are sending a replacement scale and an RMA to send this one back. That ding in the display would have aggravated me every time I used it. It seems like a good company that stands behind their product.

Basic Member
    -.02 to +.03 ... that’s why I said some purest cut powder kernels in half. I have found this is not necessary because all stick powders have long and short kernels. With experience, you learn to recognize the one that is needed, spread out there on the bench.

Measuring to these extremes assumes the ability to shoot the different on target.

Using an example, with Your scale, if You load to 40.12 you have the potential for max load weight accuracy. If You load to 40.1 the accuracy potential lessens. If You load to 41 it lessens even greater. With a scale like Yours , it is best to load to the second decimal point for the maximum weight accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by GrenGuy View Post
    -.02 to +.03 ... that’s why I said some purest cut powder kernels in half. I have found this is not necessary because all stick powders have long and short kernels. With experience, you learn to recognize the one that is needed, spread out there on the bench.

Measuring to these extremes assumes the ability to shoot the different on target.

Using an example, with Your scale, if You load to 40.12 you have the potential for max load weight accuracy. If You load to 40.1 the accuracy potential lessens. If You load to 41 it lessens even greater. With a scale like Yours , it is best to load to the second decimal point for the maximum weight accuracy.
    I can see I need a pair of tweezers to grab the correct kernel with the extruded powder. I'm thinking finer powders won't be an issue.

I have a plastic pair of tweezers I use for just that.
    "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Last words of Gen. Sedgwik

Basic Member
    I use a metal pair. The plastic ones have to be 'cleaned' of static too often in my climate.

Team Savage

I can't shoot well enough that hundredth's of a grain would matter, but that is still a nice setup. Like charlie b, I also use metal tweezers, mine are curved SS needle point. They work quite well at picking up grains of powder I occasionally drop on my bench.