Thread: Case Trimming?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Team Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest T View Post
    I couldn’t see how you could do that given that there didn’t seem to be enough room between the collet and cutter. Now I feel like an idiot! I was just loosening the collet enough to release the case. Once I backed it out 3-4 turns there was plenty of room! Thanks.
    I like simple.

Basic Member
    I've gravitated to the index off the shoulder trimmers, both the Worlds Finest Trimmer by Little Crow Works https://www.littlecrowgunworks.com/ and the worlds cheapest trimmer by Holub Machine. http://www.newhighpower.com/brass-trimmers.html

Both do the job, but the Holub, made of delrin, seems to allow the case to wobble a bit more. I use both on a bench mounted drill press and can go through 50 cases in about 10 minutes. To verify that my trim length is optimum, I use a borescope camera to actually look at the chambered case and watch where the case mouth positions relative to the start of the leade. No guessing with this method, I know exactly how long the case neck can be and since both my trimmer and the actual case reference off the shoulder, there's no chance of getting into an action-disassembling pinched bullet situation. Seen it happen to a shooting buddy, and it ain't pretty!
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Banned
    Yeah, I use the Little Crow for my 260 Rem. Unfortunately I’m going to have to switch up again, as I’m planning to go to 260 AI this year. Oh, wait a second… NO, I won’t have to buy a new trimmer after all…