Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Laminated thumbhole XP stock

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6927A9F2-6A15-4B23-AF42-C7472E69CF5F.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	185.8 KB 
ID:	8980

Anyone have an idea who may have manufactured this stock. It came on an XP I bought from a friend.

A guess would be possibly made by Fajen. Have one with different wood but similar I believe to be a Fajen stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonegle57 View Post
    A guess would be possibly made by Fajen. Have one with different wood but similar I believe to be a Fajen stock.
    That was my guess as well.

I think you guys are correct, I seem to remember Fajen coming out with that red/white/blue laminate. What's it chambered in Chris?
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

Quote Originally Posted by BobT View Post
    I think you guys are correct, I seem to remember Fajen coming out with that red/white/blue laminate. What's it chambered in Chris?
    It’s rechambered to 7/08, was originally a 7BR. Shoots great but I’m going back to 7BR. Somehow over a period of about 5 years I accumulated components and a barrel from Kyode. lol

I also have a walnut stock that may be from the Rem. custom shop I plan on using. I’m not a fan of this laminated one. That old Tasco is coming off as well in exchange for a Burris 3-12 and an EGW base.

BT, what are your plans for the 7-08 barrel??? I have a 7BR that have been thinking of turning into 7-08. I have a custom built Striker in 7BR that meets my needs
    in that arena. Also have a 7-08 Striker but an XP would be nice. Let me know, thanks.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BT View Post
    It’s rechambered to 7/08, was originally a 7BR. Shoots great but I’m going back to 7BR. Somehow over a period of about 5 years I accumulated components and a barrel from Kyode. lol

I also have a walnut stock that may be from the Rem. custom shop I plan on using. I’m not a fan of this laminated one. That old Tasco is coming off as well in exchange for a Burris 3-12 and an EGW base.

I'd love to find a genuine custom shop stock for a custom shop 7-08 barrel. For the guys that have a custom shop stock, do they have any markings or stampings inside that identify them as a Remington custom shop stock?