Quote Originally Posted by Whynot View Post
I think it would be great if they offered the whiskey... but don't ever see it happening- even though once they have the info to inlet the bravo it should be fairly easy to do a different one. But the fact that they took so long to do the bravo would make be think they weren't seeing a huge demand for it. Add in the fact that savage changes things so much it makes it a pain.... they can have one stock that will fit all the 700's ever made (well 2- one for LA & SA) and a high percentage of the aftermarket actions and clones-- or they can mess around with all the variables from savage. Even though I would like one- I understand it.

They are missing a window of profit. The amount of aftermarket parts for Savage has exploded all in the last decade… and the overwhelming amount in the last 5 years! Chassis manufacturers went from 2 or 3, to probably almost a DOZEN now! And a few with multiple models. KRG isn’t a “Parts” manufacturer. They are a in fact Chassis manufacturer! Given the many Stock & Chassis manufacturers, MDT is a Juggernaut among them! I’m willing to bet Savage owners make up a considerable portion of their sales. It wouldn’t surprise me if Sales to Savage owners was the primary outlet of their business. KRG could have the same, but seems to me they have some “Yester-year” frame of mind calling the shots. They think all Savage owners are dumb broke kids or older men who just want a hunt’n rifle in 30-06. And for that, they are losing out big time. Because I know if the Whiskey-3 became available for Savage SA & LA, they would sell A-KAJILLION of them.