Quote Originally Posted by blykins View Post
Well, there's a couple of reasons I'm switching. First reason is that I just didn't like the factory stock after I got the rifle in here. Ordered the rifle sight unseen off of Gun Brokers, seller had a nice Thanksgiving discount, I own other Savage rifles, so I just bought it. Second reason is the fit just isn't good. I can slide a piece of paper around the barrel down to the receiver, but the barrel hugs the right side of the stock pretty hard and it just looks cheap. Actually the fit and finish on the whole rifle just isn't good. End of the bolt was nasty dirty/corroded when I got it, rifle had a wear mark on it from where the factory had inserted/removed the bolt, etc. Third reason is that the rifle shoots horribly. I've been shooting for the better part of 35 years, plinking, bench rest, USPSA, etc., and there's really no reason why a shelf rifle shouldn't shoot a 1 MOA group at 100 yards with factory ammo. This one shoots at least twice that. Now granted, I've only tried one brand of factory ammo so far (Norma match, 143gr), no hand loads yet, but I'm still of the mind that practically any rifle should shoot an inch group at 100 yards. Several of the groups showed a vertical string, so I was thinking maybe there was a high spot on the aluminum and the action was teetering. So, with all of that in mind, I was going to try and kill a couple of birds with one stone. I will admit that I'm not immersed in the gun world as I used to be, careers and life gets in the way of things, but I'm just not impressed with this rifle so far. I'm actually an engine builder, have a YouTube channel, and I did post a couple of videos regarding the fit and finish and grouping. Lykins Motorsports Line Honing Mai..........Whoops, I Mean Scope Rings - YouTube Lykins Motorsports Savage 110 Desert Tactical 6.5 PRC First Impressions - YouTube
This tells me all I need to know. You are mechanical and think in terms of precision. Good luck and i hope you become a regular here.