Thread: Took my Savage 110 LRH to the range today , and my Kimber

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Took my Savage 110 LRH to the range today , and my Kimber

The 110 7mmRM is deadly accurate . Shooting Nosler brass , 150 ELDX bullets , Federal LMR 215 primers and 60 grains of Reloader 22 .
    The Kimber was struggling today , LOL . Same brass and bullets , CCI BR2 primers and 58 grains of 22 .
    Five shot groups at 100 yards , Savage on the top , Kimber on the bottom . [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    No matter where you go , there you are !

Banned
    Yerp… Savages tend to do that to other factor rifles.

I have a surplus of the Hornady 150 ELDX's so last week I set about mitigating the problem. Used my old flat back 116 with a weather warrior barrel to help. 61gr of RL-22, Norma brass and Rem 91/2M primers. First three were like your top right target. Last two were uhh...somewhere else....much like your Kimber. Drat!

Quote Originally Posted by wbm View Post
    I have a surplus of the Hornady 150 ELDX's so last week I set about mitigating the problem. Used my old flat back 116 with a weather warrior barrel to help. 61gr of RL-22, Norma brass and Rem 91/2M primers. First three were like your top right target. Last two were uhh...somewhere else....much like your Kimber. Drat!
    I think I'm the problem with the Kimber , I need to get the scope higher , I can't get a clear view through the scope the way it is now . Hoping it gets better the more I shoot it .

Banned
    Really? If it’s still wearing the Nikon from the picture you posted the other day, it looks about where it should be. In fact, your 110 above the Arken looks like it’s mounted crazy high! I know the stock has adjustable comb height. Can’t tell what insert you are using. Don’t get me wrong, I actually prefer having the scope higher & using adjustable cheek rest. But I prefer more inline Chassis as well. I’ve just always found standard Sporter style stocks with no comb adjustment, to be about right with the low rings. Higher rings seemed to make them more a “Chin” weld, instead of a Cheek weld.

I think I'm the problem with the Kimber
    Meh...I think it is a new rifle and needs tuning...lower left on Kimber looks ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Really? If it’s still wearing the Nikon from the picture you posted the other day, it looks about where it should be. In fact, your 110 above the Arken looks like it’s mounted crazy high! I know the stock has adjustable comb height. Can’t tell what insert you are using. Don’t get me wrong, I actually prefer having the scope higher & using adjustable cheek rest. But I prefer more inline Chassis as well. I’ve just always found standard Sporter style stocks with no comb adjustment, to be about right with the low rings. Higher rings seemed to make them more a “Chin” weld, instead of a Cheek weld.
    Well , it may be that I'm used to my scope being high after shooting the 110 with the FX100 scope , it has it's own mount , a one piece mount made for that scope .
    But with a scope mounted low , it feels like I'm laying my face on the weld and looking at an extreme angle . I prefer to just have my cheek touching the weld , not actually laying on it . Plus , I see my heart beat if I have to much contact with the weld or hold the gun too tight .

[IMG][/IMG]