I played around with it a bit more today and after several attempts, I was finally able to press dummy rounds straight down into the magazine. It takes quite a bit of thumb pressure and I can see the magazine box pushing downward as I load the dummys, then when I cycle the bolt, it will start to push the rounds forward, but then slips over the top and will not feed. I have to reach in and pull the mag box back up to where it makes contact with the bottom of the action.

I am working on the block for the front of the mag well and some shims to go along either side of the mag body. I noticed the front of the mag body has a tab that stick out, so I will make sure the front block is notched for the tab to sit in, and hopefully keep the box from pressing down into the mag well so it will feed ammo.

I am hoping after I get the blocks made and everything fit so the magazine does not push down into the mag well that it is not as hard to load. As it is now I am not sure my wife will have the thumb strength to load the magazine.