Not something I’ve heard. However, I promise parts & service won’t be an issue regardless. The MSR line are nothing more than run of mill AR10 & AR15 rifles. AR parts will fit the MSR line without fail. In fact., Savage is using the same exact parts as every other AR manufacturer. I can prove this. Below are 2 pictures. The first is a Savage MSR-15, & the 2nd is my own custom built AR15. I’m the manufacturer. I built this using an 80 Lower which I finish machined. This is how I build all ARs now, & have been the last several years.

Savage MSR-15

My Custom Built AR-15

See the red circle? That’s called a Forge Mark. It’s an identifier of the Foundry Forge that made the part. All AR manufacturers are pretty much assemblers. Only a few make any parts at all. And almost all of even them make no more than maybe 5-10% of the total parts number. I don’t believe Savage makes any individual parts, rather they outsource direct. Likely they finish machine some parts. (Like I do, just on a much larger scale than myself.) The Forge Marks in this case are Squares. Which is the identifier for the company Brass/Aluminum Forging Enterprises. These are the Uppers I decided on years ago, and have been using only them since 2014 for my AR builds. So yeah… you’ll be ok for parts.