Hallo everybody,

I am a foreign shooter from germany, shooting a Savage 12 F/TR chambered in .308 for a couple of month now. I bought the gun when it was new, followed the break in instructions carefully and I am trying to get it shoot ever since. The best group at 100m I have ever got was 19mm center to center with federal ammo. But most of the time I get about 22mm or more. I have tried 2 sorts of ammo and several different hand loads.

Poweder was VV N140 and VV N150.
Bullets were PPU 150 and 168grs, Sierra MK 168grs, Lapua Scenar 167grs, Hornady HPBT Match 168grs but nothing gets better. For now I get the best results with PPU 168grs, but I also shoot them the most. All the others are pretty similar.

When I shoot a Howa 1500 in .308, I have less than 2cm outer edge to outer edge. I always shoot 5 shot groups.

Considering that the FTR is nearly twice as expensive as the howa where I come from, it should shoot at least as good as the howa.

For now I didn't try torque tuning, but I ordered a tool todo that. Has anyone any suggestions how to get that gun fixed?

thanks in advance