Thread: New-2-Me 112 in 300 Win Mag

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Thanks! Lumley kit for pre-2019 ordered!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Oh yeah.. the BAS is no problem. I use the App for Titanium BAS from Lumley. It’s actually a Lift kit, but I got it just for the BAS. Or you can grab a new factory BAS one from GunShack.

Banned
    Oh, WOW. You don’t waste any time, do ya? LOL!

Let me just offer this my friend, just make sure to research things as you’re going. Make certain you don’t buy parts just because I or someone else here does. Always look over options. While I know I have the best parts for me, you may find something else more appealing. Ya know? I just don’t want to make it seem like I’m TELLING you what to get. I’m not. Was simply explaining what I use & listing options. But I always encourage people to research. I’ve never in my life purchased something because someone else said it was good. I always researched first. And I strongly encourage the same to others. And maybe you did already look things over, and came to that choice on you weighing your options. In which case, forget I said all that, LOL!

Basic Member
    Appreciate the concern. I had looked at Lumley kit before based on your previous post. That kit answered my problem of the cross slot on the old BAS, which I'm not fond of AND I get a lift kit benefit as well. I'd found a hex BAS on another site for $18 delivered, so really the kit was a no-brainer. I know the chances of it backing out are slim, but I feel better about the torque you can apply with a 1/4" allen wrench. Anybody that has broken that BAS screw for the first time knows how tight Savage puts them on, which is probably overkill. As tight as I could get the cross slot BAS, it is really easy to break without a lot of effort. That made me really nervous, and I know this 300 Win Mag is going to feel a lot more recoil than the Savage 270 and 6.5 CMs I have experience with. Thanks again!

Banned
    Good.. I’m glad. I will say, besides it being 6AL4V Titanium and virtually indestructible, it is a beautiful piece. Best looking BAS, by far! I truly love the look of the Action with this BAS and the International Barrels Nut.

Basic Member
    Good.. I’m glad. I will say, besides it being 6AL4V Titanium and virtually indestructible, it is a beautiful piece. Best looking BAS, by far! I truly love the look of the Action with this BAS and the International Barrels Nut.

Got the Lumley kit in today. UPS notified me this morning it was out for delivery, so I had the bolt out and disassembled, ready to slap it in. All I can say is...I'll be ordering another of these for my 6.5 Creedmoor...soon. It DOES look great and it made the bolt lift noticeably better. Best thing is I'm rid of that 1994 cross slot BAS! Thanks again for the heads-up on the Lumley kit. Great price, looks great, works as advertised, and fast shipping. Home RUN!

Banned
    Yeah… I find good stuff Would love to see it.

Basic Member
    Yeah… I find good stuff Would love to see it.
    Let's see if I can figure out how to post a couple pics again...