Quote Originally Posted by Steeltrap View Post
"Resurrecting" an older post here, but I've been "educating" myself on these Thermal Scopes. Looking at reviews and also Warranties.

Now...I find this interesting at best. This is part of the warranty for a "Thor LT" Thermal scope:

This warranty does not cover a product (a) used in other than its normal and customary manner; (b) subjected to misuse; (c) subjected to alterations, modifications or repairs by the Customer or by any party other than ATN without prior written consent of ATN; (d) special order or “close-out” merchandise or merchandise sold “as-is” by either ATN or the ATN dealer; or (e) merchandise that has been discontinued by the manufacturer and either parts or replacement units are not available due to reasons beyond the control of ATN. ATN shall not be responsible for any defects or damage that in ATN’s opinion is a result from the mishandling, abuse, misuse, improper storage or improper operation, including use in conjunction with equipment which is electrically or mechanically incompatible with or of inferior quality to the product, as well as failure to maintain the environmental conditions specified by the manufacturer. This warranty is extended only to the original purchaser.

Ok....so if I buy this specific scope....and they decide to no longer "make it" (which could be as simple as changing the name from say..."model 1X" to model 2X") they have now just relieved themselves of any future warranty claims....especially on a product that is giving them a bunch of warranty claims.

What a crock!!!
Friends don't let friends buy ATN optics.
Stick with a reputable optics manufacturer and you shouldn't have to worry about repairing it.
I recently bought an Nvision Halo X50 and now use the Thermion XG50 as a backup.
Both scopes are performers and have BAE cores, the best in the business.
They are not toys.
The thermal scope I bought in the mid 90's still works and I'm hoping to get at least the same lifespan out of my newer thermals, which are made to tighter tolerances and with better components.
Buy the best performing optic you can afford that has the features you want and use it.

SJC