Thread: Magpul Hunter Stock for Savage 110?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    they said they were coming in 2019 too.
    Yeah, but there are now (finally) "Savage 110 Magpul Hunter" rifles for sale, in stock, ready to ship, using that stock...

So, I'm guessing that Magpul is now (finally) producing these, but for now they're all going straight to Savage (and they're apparently all black).

I'm patient...

I'm waiting for this, too. I have the issue of having the left handed action, so I will need a stock that accommodates that. Magpul is making that promise.

Basic Member
    It took forever for the Ruger American version to come out also. But the wait was worth it. It was just supposed to be a budget rig but it turned out to be a tack-driver.

Quote Originally Posted by emerilnut View Post
    I'm waiting for this, too. I have the issue of having the left handed action, so I will need a stock that accommodates that. Magpul is making that promise.
    There's clearly a leftie version in the pictures, and it looks like maybe the stock is cut out for a bolt handle on both sides, and it's just a matter of which side is filled in.

Quote Originally Posted by deadduck357 View Post
    It took forever for the Ruger American version to come out also. But the wait was worth it. It was just supposed to be a budget rig but it turned out to be a tack-driver.
    Yeah, this has been a while coming, and now that they're shipping with complete rifles (via Savage), it seems like the stocks themselves ought to be available any moment...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post

Yeah, this has been a while coming, and now that they're shipping with complete rifles (via Savage), it seems like the stocks themselves ought to be available any moment...
    They wait much longer MDT might beat them to the market with the Oryx Field Stock. http://oryxchassis.com/copy-of-oryx-...rifle-chassis/

Basic Member
    They wait much longer MDT might beat them to the market with the Oryx Field Stock. http://oryxchassis.com/copy-of-oryx-...rifle-chassis/
    Now I like the looks of that one!

Quote Originally Posted by cknight814 View Post
    Now I like the looks of that one!

I like the Oryx stock, too, and the upfront price ($299) is spot-on, but once I spec Savage in their configurator, then the price goes to $429...