Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Snerdly View Post
Not trying to say I do it often, in fact just once so far. I have done 1/4" groups several times, not as a rule but I think the rifle could with a better marksman. I have enough 3/8"-5/8" groups too, sometimes even more with different bullets. Not every bullet shoots this good. just took me a while to find one that works very well for it. I am really impressed with it for a $300 rifle with nothing done to it and about a $235 scope.
Very impressive my friend! For me, I’m happy getting .75” or below groups. And I have a whole lot more doe than that into my Savage rig. It’s quite capable of impressive groups with someone steadier & who has better eyesight than myself. Which is all it is. Mostly eyesight. I’m completely BLIND in my left eye from a retina surgery and reaction to the gas. The normal Pressure in our eyes should not exceed 22 mm/hg. The reaction caused my eye pressure to go to 90mm/HG. The pain was unbearable. As explained by the doctor, it was like my eye had a Stroke, just cutting off blood supply. (Sorry, but I like to explain as it’s not just bad vision I have. Which my right eye is also heavily corrected.

In my younger adult years I was incredibly accurate. Pistol mostly. But even then, my shooting was always from a DEFENSIVE point. And when I would train a student when I instructed, it was always Defensive accuracy. It’s not about putting one bullet after another through the same hole. THAT would not cause as much blood loss as would several SEPARATE holes; in order to STOP the threat in the quickest time possible. For me, rifle shooting was for hunting. And times as some fun just tossing lead across the ravines & canyons throughout the desert mountains of Arizona. 1000, 1200, 1500yds+. Nothing formal... aim at far off rock, or the discarded can or trash some cretan rudely littered. Group shooting was never part of my firearms/shooting activities much later.