Thread: Trigger comparisons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    They're out there. Benchrest thing, mostly. Arnold Jewell was known for his light triggers.

Basic Member
    Dave, You need to broaden Your horizon. We are competing against Bix & Andy triggers, some breaking at 1/3 ounce, putting Savages at a huge disadvantage. There is a blip on YouTube where a guy causes a trigger to break by blowing on it. If I continue in Bench Rest, I will have to upgrade to an action that supports one of these precision triggers.

Banned
    LOL.. I think my “horizon broadness” is doing just fine, LOL! Looking high & low, the lightest I’ve ever seen is like 3oz. And I’m pretty much of the opinion, if it ain’t on video, it probably doesn’t exist. A THIRD of an ounce? Uhh, ok. Show me the video & I’ll believe it hands down, LOL! Just I know weight retry well. When you say below One ounce, that is just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    LOL.. I think my “horizon broadness” is doing just fine, LOL! Looking high & low, the lightest I’ve ever seen is like 3oz. And I’m pretty much of the opinion, if it ain’t on video, it probably doesn’t exist. A THIRD of an ounce? Uhh, ok. Show me the video & I’ll believe it hands down, LOL! Just I know weight retry well. When you say below One ounce, that is just ridiculous.
    I know you believe in sasquatch because there are more and more videos out there everyday. LOL
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Banned
    Well, duh! And uh, I prefer Big Foot thank you very much.

Most I know shoot Bix or Jewel and in the 2 ounce range. I have the Savage and RB to 8 ounces.
    It's what I'm comfortable with for my type of hold. Even though the pull gage gives Identical
    weights, the RB breaks cleaner, thus making it feel lighter. The Jard I sent back failed the slam
    fire test at 10 ounces. I shoot heavy guns (17lbs plus) so a heavier trigger is not much of a
    problem. The guys shooting light gun at 10 to 12 lbs. rely on them light triggers.
    Keeping my bad Karma intact since 1952

Basic Member
    Yes, My RB II has the sharpest, cleanest break. I was looking at a target that would have been a 50, but one flier dropped out the bottom into the 9 ring. Makes Me wonder if I got in a hurry and broke that shot just ever too hard? Yesterday I dry fired a stock blade trigger, set at 8 oz, and it felt like a ton. This stuff plays with your head at a match, and it’s just something else you need to block out. I long for a trigger where I can think break, and the shot is gone. It just takes more money for a trigger than I have paid for a lot of My rifles.

But, My favorite deer rifle sports a stock 1 screw trigger that breaks at a sharp/crisp 2 1/2 #’s, that I massaged Myself, and I am very pleased with it in that application.

Trigger decision depends on your shooting needs at the time.