Good for you to send them the info.

A previous job I was a plant manager making wire for automotive mfgs. One of our larger customers was Honda. The wire they specified had a special insulation and twist that made their wire twice as expensive as every other mfg. Honda's senior engineer came out for a visit from Japan (they were visiting the wire harness factories in Mexico). I found out the reason why they specified the wire was from their assembly process. The holes in the firewalls were so small that it took a great deal of force to pull the wire bundles. They were experiencing wire breaks in the harnesses. The fix was to increase the strength of the wire insulation. I pointed out it would have been a lot cheaper to just make the holes a little bigger. The Honda guy was obviously upset about it but hid it pretty well.

The next day the local Honda rep came to me and kind of apologized. Turns out that engineering changes are signed off and those signatures are kind of like putting their reputations on the line. Once they sign off they never admit it was a mistake. The engineers did not want to change the hole sizes since it would have meant changing the punch dies for the body panels. To keep the body panel designer from 'getting in trouble' they came up with other reasons to change the wire specs. So, future body panel designs ended up with the same issue and Honda was stuck with paying too much for wiring rather than admit a design error. Don't know if they ever changed.

Oh what complex webs we weave :)