Quote Originally Posted by Fuj' View Post
I raced ATV's for many years. Lots of Pa. Hare Scrambles and a few GNCC's. Was really fond
of hill climbing on some of the biggest hills across the country. I was nothing to jump on the
Web, find a site, (Hundreds of them), talk to people, about the next events, then gas up and
go.....It's mostly all gone. Most manufactures don't even make ATV's anymore, or maybe a
token ride to keep factory racers happy. All the supporting forums are mostly gone. With the
advent of hand held devices, the writing was on the wall. Adapt or die. Well I'm still kickin'
and positive proof that life does not need fugging cell phones. Never did, never will. And as
my usual side note 11 Suckerburg can go pound salt up his ass. !!

My apologies to anyone feeling offended by my last statement. It is what it is.

Fuj
Well Fuj i dont think we can completely blame modern day things like cell phones.
How people go about using them is a personal thing, and no doubt a cause of some of the issues were discussing here.
I keep a flip top phone in my truck, and when i go out in my boat it goes with me there also.
If i break down out there in some swamp, i can at least let somebody know about it.
Every 90 days i buy a $20 air time card to keep it active, that buys me 180 minits of use, and the unused minits roll over and accumilate.
I currently have over 2500 unused minits on the thing, but i still need to renew every 90 days in order to buy more air time.
I also pay AAA a premium every year to come get me if i get a flat tire or otherwise break down someplace.
And thats why i need the cell phone. So they do have their place, and for me at 86 years of age and not really up to fixing flats on the side of a freeway, thats one of them.
But if we happen to walk into a restaurant and there is a group of people at another table, every one of them is apt to be scrolling on an i phone and ignoring the people they are with. And thats the part i personally think is causing problems.
And apparently there isnt much denying that Zuke and his Silicon Valley friends have found other ways to control our lives.
We are being herded, wether we like it or not.