Thread: 300 rum

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Wow, I've never run in to anyone having those kinds of problems with them before. Everyone around here always talks about how rugged they are. Not arguing with you at all, just surprised to hear that about them.

Thanks to all for the information. I will probably put it on Gunbroker.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by efm77 View Post
    Wow, I've never run in to anyone having those kinds of problems with them before. Everyone around here always talks about how rugged they are. Not arguing with you at all, just surprised to hear that about them.
    There really isnt any point to arguing over it anyway.
    Besides, apparently you havent heard they also have a lousy eyebox.
    Ive looked hard and cant even find any eyebox on any of mine. lol

Basic Member
    I guess I haven't lol. Especially considering I have a few VX-3's and they seem to be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by yobuck View Post
    There really isnt any point to arguing over it anyway.
    Besides, apparently you havent heard they also have a lousy eyebox.
    Ive looked hard and cant even find any eyebox on any of mine. lol
    I’m sure your being funny but for the new kids, the eye box is referring to how precisely your eye needs to sit behind the scope in relation to where it was when you sighted it in so that the poi will not change. And yes compared to some high end scopes leupold is subpar. Of course I’m too poor to buy that kind of glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ninner View Post
    I’m sure your being funny but for the new kids, the eye box is referring to how precisely your eye needs to sit behind the scope in relation to where it was when you sighted it in so that the poi will not change. And yes compared to some high end scopes leupold is subpar. Of course I’m too poor to buy that kind of glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I actually dont try to be funny, i simply repeat some of what i read on the internet.
    Realize if you can that new terms seem to be created for old issues and some of us get lost in all of it.
    Before the internet for example and the world became much smarter, we simply mounted scopes with a screwdriver.
    And the gun user would simply shoulder the gun to see how i looked to him.
    It might require a bit of tweeking one way or the other to make the reticle look correct as for plumb, at least for him, or maybe even her.
    And it might also have required the scope being moved forward or back a bit to correct any (eye relief) issues before final tightening with the (screwdriver). Torque drivers became necessary only because they started cheating on the scope tubes.
    So the term eyebox just sorta snuck in there somehow and left some of us a bit confused as to what it actually was.
    It probably happened as a way to get our minds away from the cheaper scope tubes.
    Hey, it does have a really great eyebox, and it tracks really well also.
    Perfect for my new 6.5 Crymore when/if i decide to really stretch its legs way out there.
    And of coarse some of the old loopys still in use by the some of the old loonys have bad eyeboxes, and it isnt even being realized.