I have been working with an older Model 10 Top Bolt Release, Blind Mag, Stagger Feed 223 and basically been using it only for paper punchin out to 300yds.
I wanted a more bench style grip for this and first came across a Boyds Thumbhole on their Rapid Fire page so I thought I would try it. Found I didn't like it, uncomfortable. Though after it arrived I mounted it up as-is to test fire it and it performed very well with no modifications. But again I didn't like it so I took it off.

I then soon found on Rapid Fire a Boyds Spike Camp. Right away it felt better but when I shot it it was all over the place. My groups went from 1.75" @ 200yds to over 10" just from changing the stock. I plan on keeping this one so I am now working on bedding it.

Before starting mods on this stock I asked a lot of questions on many different forums and of course got many different answers and opinions. Two I really trust from over at Shooters Forum informed me that with laminate stocks with short action light caliber rounds they do not bother with Pillars and after looking at Boyds site they only bed Front Pillars on Savage stocks. So I have forgone the pillars in this stock.

Maybe some day I too can afford a chassis stock. But for now I am a long way from needing one.