Quote Originally Posted by mnbogboy2 View Post
I had the same jam problem while working on an ejection problem. After building some new ejector plungers I inadveryantly made them too long which amplified the feedingproblem. Eventually I ended uptapering thepinfor obviousreasons. After case hardening filing in thanglie was painstakingly difficult by this impatient old fool at midnight.
Eventually my home built plungers took on a whole new look over the factory ones and extractor modifications made extraction-ejection reliable again.
the oem design on this one was chamfered/tapered all the way around, no sharp edge. Still caused the jamming until the angle was made. Then i had to shape the flat top of the plunger so it would stop leaving marks on my brass. Now she feeds and ejects like it should have new. Sure wish savage would 100% redesign the bolt head. It could be done with no other modifications to the rifle at all. Except maybe headspace. Clearly the ar15 design is quite similar in terms of extractor and ejector. That design with the deeper recesses in the bolt face would make a nice difference. Its such a simple design flaw, i cannot understand why savage as a manufacturer would not correct it.