Thread: Savage 10 LE ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    If it has a muzzle brake, it would normally have the designation -K after the model letters.
    If it has a detachable magazine it would normally have the designation C after the F.

Hence my hidden mag version without the muzzle brake was an 10 FP and the detachable mag version with a muzzle brake was a 10 FCP-K.
    I think the P was for the synthetic stock, but my memory fails me on that one.
    The older 10 FP with an upper bolt release was built before the Accu-stock was introduced.
    The 10 FCP-K has an Accu-stock with a lower bolt release.

I believe by around 2016 or so, Savage would have probably produced it in 6.5 CM.
    I believe Savage even made a version with an AICS mag but still was called an 10 FCP. It might have come with a muzzle brake.

The serial number will tell you when it was manufactured and Savage can identify the model from the serial number.

Basic Member
    Speaking of Model 10s -

I have never figured out Savage's model lettering.

I have a Model 10 FCP HS Precision, which obviously has the HS Precision stock, DBM, lower bolt release, and the non -threaded heavy barrel in .308.

So "C" is for the DBM

What does the "F" and "P" designate?

Thanks.

Team Savage

F = synthetic stock
    P = Police

FAQ topic for the alphabet soup.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilC View Post
    F = synthetic stock
    P = Police

FAQ topic for the alphabet soup.
    Interesting that they still designate it with a "F" even though it has a different (HS Precision, non-synthetic) stock.

EDIT: I was surprised that my Model 10 FCP did not come with the extended "Tactical" bolt handle.

That was interesting. Now I know what the FCP stands for with my 10 FCP (aluminum rail). Mfg date around 2019.

I hate to sound really really stupid but could some broad brush describe the differences between the models 10, 11 and 12?

Banned
    It’s a difference of barrel contours, stocks & finishes. They are all the same basic Action, ie., the internal parts are the same, all take the same barrel, barrel nut, recoil buffer.

Mine is an 10 FCP with the skeleton aluminum rail.

So:
    - F stands for fiberglass
    - C stands for detachable magazine
    - P stands for Police

it has a Varmint barrel and the oversized bolt handle. Possibly that’s what makes it a “10”. Maybe someone knows the unique identifier features that make a 11 an 11, a 12 a 12 and such. I know the hot setup for cast benchrest is a 12BV and that doesn’t have a detachable magazine.

And I’m guessing that on a BV:
    - “V” stands for varmint
    - “B” stands for blind?

I can imagine the marketing of the blind action as being more rigid/accurate. Haven’t shot my 10FCP yet but it’s getting some work on it to chase accuracy.

Still puzzled about the differences between a 10, 11, 12. The alpha characters tell the story about Police, stock, barrel, magazine but can anyone tell me what makes a 10 a 10, a 11 a 11, a 12 a 12?

Are all small shank Savage actions produced in the last 3 years the same?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
    Interesting that they still designate it with a "F" even though it has a different (HS Precision, non-synthetic) stock.

EDIT: I was surprised that my Model 10 FCP did not come with the extended "Tactical" bolt handle.
    Yep, a 10FCP may not be a 10FCP :) The complete designation includes the stock description, 10FCP HS Precision.