DJ; A couple of points - I'm envious of your Tikka purchase!! I'm not sure what competitive matches you're shooting - I assume it benchrest. The strings at my matches are either 5 or 10 rounds. Each string is about 15 min so there's no rush. Most benchrest shooter in my group have single shot rifles. They take their time. I have 10 and 5 round mags but I purchased a "1 round" attachment. I take my time and "smell the roses" between shots - rushing your shots, which you'll tend to do with a 5 or 10 round mag, is the recipe to a low score.

I also shoot in a tactical match (steel targets from 35 to 125 yards). My Savage Mark II worked but transitioning between targets and racking the bolt I lost time and had trouble picking up the various targets in the scope SO I bought a Savage A22. Since most strings in each stage required a mag change myself and 2 other shooters bought 25 round mags. That lasted 2 matches when the match director felt we had a unfair advantage and didn't allow our 25 round mags.

I'd skip the 25 mag in benchrest - it will get in the way anyway.