DT: I have a Savage mark II BV (bull barrel), which I use for benchrest matches. It's a tack driver and I was very happy with it UNTIL I ran up against a Tikka T1X MTR. The RIFLEMAN magazine conducted a review of the Tikka, which I used as a bench mark to measure against my Savage. The Tikka results at 50 yards using CCI Mini Mags were the smallest = .54, largest = .76, average = .64. The best I could do with my Savage using CCI SV was smallest = .74, largest = .91, average = .82. For reference the 10 ring on a TQ3 NRA 50 yard small bore rifle target is .85 and the X ring is .38. In the benchrest matches I shoot a 10 is a 10 and the X's are nice but but they just decide ties. So I'm consistently in the 10 ring - most of the time!! In my opinion, my Savage does not compare with the Tikka. I had never heard of a Tikka when I bought my Savage. I wish I had!!

Additional ammo used in the Tikka review article was Lapua (average = .54) and Eley (average = .79). Since the Benchrest matches I shoot got out to 100 yards, I don't use HV ammo, which goes crazy after 50 yards. Referring to your last paragraph, the Tikka used in the article was "out of the box" so it would fit your criteria.