Quote Originally Posted by kingdombuilder View Post
My experience . I bought a 243 axis 183.00 new put good glass on it and Boyd's stock 5/8" groups handloads 95 grain sst and tmk . Also shoots 58 gr V max in the 3's 3600 fps . I also have a palmetto state armory 6.5 Grendel . 18 " barrel ept trigger shoots sub moa hornady black and hand loads . The psa uppers are of great reputation . the Grendel is 800 yard capable even pushed to 1000 . about 300 max deer gun . Two totally different Guns calibers and uses . What you should get depends on goals . Grendel IMHO is the best you can get out of AR platform ballistically . 243 is one of the most versatile calibers ballistically . I don't think there is a mistake you could make in this decision . Ps now early issues in Grendel stuff in AR have been ironed out .
I've long been a fan of PSA - their products have never treated me bad. That being said, I think I've made the decision to stick with the .243 I already have sitting in my safe for now and put some decent glass and a stock on it and have some fun with it. I'm sure I'll get around to putting together a 6.5G upper at some point, though.