Hello. I have the Axis II HB in .223. It's in the original plastic stock it came in years ago - it's a Kryptek pattern that I like. However, as you know, it flexes like crazy. I really only shoot off a bench with it at 100 yards (the longest my local range will allow). I duct-taped a pool noodle to the stock so that my head was level with the scope - it actually works pretty well but is a bit unsightly... but I'm more about function than looks anyways.

I'm debating about purchasing a Boyd's replacement stock for it. Right now, I'm getting 3 shot groups around 1.5 inches at 100 yards with factory ammo. 5 shot groups are just a bit larger. Reloading isn't an option and so I'm stuck with the best ammo I can find - it tends to like American Gunner .223 the best.

My question is whether or not throwing the money into a Boyd's replacement stock will show me any improvement down range. I work outside the US for months at a time and really just want something I can come home, take to the range, and relax with - this is the reason reloading isn't an option.

Thanks in advance for the help.