I recently had need to remove my Accu-Stock to get at the trigger adjustment. I followed the manual's instructions and the action would not turn loose. I then noticed a small hole in front of the hinged floorplate and discovered another screw that I removed and the action came free. When the action came free a little machined block fell on the carpet. Oh joy! Where did that come from? It didn't take me long to figger out where it came from, but after I got done adjusting the trigger and went to putting the stock back on, the recoile lug did not wanna go into the space provided. I finally got it together by just barely engaging the screw into the little block so that there was a little slack and it fit together nicely. I then proceeded to tighten the front action screw as the manual says, and then I tightened the recoil lug block screw(I'll call it) and then I tightened the rear action screw.
It sure would be nice if Savage would include the proper way to remove and re-install an Accu-Stock!!