Thread: Anyone know anything about this stock?

Basic Member

Anyone know anything about this stock?

Anyone know anything about this stock? Savage 12BT RH, LA with Wunderhammer palm swells

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1161560A

I am building 2 rifles at once, a longer(er) range 6.5CM and a lighter weight 6.5CM hunter. Both on 110 flat top stagger feed actions, The LW hunter will use a B&C M40 stock with a 22" light varmint barrel. It will be blind mag'd.

The longer range gun will use a 24" Fluted heavy barrel. I am torn on wanting to add a DBM, if CDI was still open I would send them the above mentioned stock and have him inlet it for one of his bottom metals. Sadly he is no longer with us. The gun world lost a great guy there.

Does anyone know about this stock? Is it a single shot stock with no blind magazine slot cut into it? Could I run the 110 actions mag box in it? Or should I just bite the bullet and buy an Atlas or other DBM and inlet it myself? Options?

Thanks for looking

Basic Member
    That's a standard BVSS stock. The BT stock has an adjustable comb and a accessory rail and only come in long action stagger feed. Either one is cut with a mag well in the stock.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Basic Member
    I bought a LH short action version of that stock for a build several years ago. It should be a Center feed stock.

You can use it with a Staggered feed long action with a blind mag, but you will need to modify the stock mag well inlet a little in order for the magazine box to fit into it.
    I put a LA Staggered feed action in a center feed stock on my 6.5/06 build. The front of the magazine inlet needed to be longer.

Basic Member
    Please let us know how this plays out. I would love to have that stock fit my RH 110FP. Not the thumb hole but the Gunpatscorp Savage stock.

I'm using the BVSS stock on my fluted heavy barrel 223 and love it. Getting a bit hard to find them now.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67