Thank you Ted, but you give me way too much credit. There are many on here with more knowledge than I. Fred(sharpshooter) is the Savage guy. Jim Baker is the forum owner and is knowledgeable also. I just poke my head in there a lot.

All I can offer is that there was a time period that All Savage110's had the long action screw spacing as well a other dimensions the same. If I can recall, the ones built for short action cartridges had a short action magazine cut out rather than using the long action one. Hopefully the guys with more experience with those actions will chime into to agree or correct what I stated

Obviously a 22-250 will feed better from a 22-250 magazine. Fear not, As ted says you should be able to manipulate the lips to help. I would think that if you went too fast and or maybe...too slow you could aggravate the issue. It all depends on where the problem manifests itself, as in not entering the chamber as the bullet is not aligned or if it is hitting and jamming prior to that.