Thread: 110 Ultralight Magazine problem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    So today I looked a little closer. Had a friend measure his 280 ai mag. They were so close in measurements I looked elsewhere. Found the problem. The mag is not going into the well deep enough on the front side. If I hold the mag in tight on the front end every shell feeds perfectly. Not sure how I'm going to fix this problem though.

I would suspect this is a combination of recoil and not enough follower spring tension. If the first round feeds fine from the mag I definitely wouldn't mess with the feed lips as you'd probably end up doing more harm than good. If you're handy you might try making a thin wood spacer to put under the follower/spring to preload the spring a bit. No clue how thick you can go with that mag/round combo though before it will affect capacity. If that works you can make a better version out of delron or aluminum if you feel compelled to.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by tom338 View Post
    So today I looked a little closer. Had a friend measure his 280 ai mag. They were so close in measurements I looked elsewhere. Found the problem. The mag is not going into the well deep enough on the front side. If I hold the mag in tight on the front end every shell feeds perfectly. Not sure how I'm going to fix this problem though.
    Same problem here. I put a 1/4 inch wide piece of duct tape on the lower shelf of the follower. Raised the cartridge enough to pick up the last round. Works for now.

Basic Member
    I put some jb weld where the mag latch goes. Not perfect but it fixed my problem like you describe