I have a choate tactical on my Rem.260. I bolted it up and made some loads and hit the range. My best load was right at 1 3/4" at 230 yards. I thought ok but was still wandering if it was the load or something else. I disassembled the complete rifle. I noticed that (my action is kryloned) i had inconsistant markings from the v-block on the bottom of my action. I ordered up some devcon and bedded it. I took it out the other day and shot the same load that shot the best group at 230 yards. I only was able to get to 180 yards but all seven shots touched and it went 3/4". I had a nice triangle and the rest went into the center of the group. Bedding it made a HUGE differance. The group at 230 yards had really no defined pattern to the group unlike the new group with it being bedded.

Forgot to add on testing loads: I (personally) don't believe in waiting inbetween shots for a specified amount of time. I want to see what the load will do. I have always found a solution to get the result i want. I am talking about if it is a hunting rifle i like to see what the load does fired quickly in 3-4 shots for a follow up shot if i needed it. If i fire 1 round and miss i am not going to wait 10 minutes to fire another one. The animal will be gone.

If it is for my F-class gun i have 20 shots in 20 minutes usually. Thats 1 a minute. I personally am a fast shooter and get the string done in under 10 minutes. My load work up is finding the group that shoots best with 5 shots in succession. Then i will load that group up and fire at least 15 to see how it does. IThis method hasn't failed me yet