Thanks for the help, guys.

Tammons, it seems like the first shot will hit bullseye, and then the next few shots will go slightly low, and then slightly left. That's not all the time, but I did notice that yesterday more often than not.

Ace, I have not rechecked the headspace, but that's a good idea. Hopefully nothing came loose somehow...

82boy, that's good to hear that your factory mounts are working great. I suppose I can hold off on the single piece base for now to save some money and see if the rest helps first. It looks like you all agree that a bipod is not the route for precision shooting and that a rest is the wayto go...

I will also go order a good cleaning rod and solvent/copper cleaner.

Yes, I am a newer shooter. I have shot handguns for about 10 years, but I am pretty new to rifle shooting. To be honest, this is much more interesting and much more challenging. I do find that I sometimes anticipate the recoil... would the described pattern above go along with that? Unfortunately my friend I go shooting with is as new to rifles as I am, and he has an LR-308 that shoots even slightly larger groupings that mine. We use the same Federal Match SMK ammo...