I am in pretty good shape as far as primers go but I have a question for you. I have been reloading for many years but have always gone by the book ... never going over listed max loads as I have always seemed to find that sweet spot before I got there. So I am guessing almost all of my loads for .38 spl, .357 mag, .45 acp, .45 colt, 7mm-08, .308, and .444 Marlin for examples are in the range of 85% to 90% of max loads. My 45/70 loads for my Marlin 1895GS and my Sharps rifle are only 1200-1400 fps so those are not even close.

Here is the question ... can I use (if I have to at some point in the future) substitute magnum primers for regular primers and not have problems? Another example ... shooting a Sierra 168gr HPBT over 44.0gr of Varget in my 10FP rifle? Another example ... shooting a Nosler Accubond 140gr over 41.6gr of Varget in my Tikka T3?

The reason I ask is because about 25% of my primer stock are magnum primers. It will take some doing to get down to that but it could happen as the future is fairly uncertain about availability with reloading supplies. I am thinking I might have to back off a grain or two of powder but I am uncertain if it is necessary.

What do you think?