I bought my Son a Long Range Hunter in 300WM recently from a guy who had not fired it much, a little less than a box. I think I found out why. First, I tried the remaining Hor. Precision Hunter 200 grain ammo, roughly 1.3" 3shot groups, I had some Feb Blue box 180 grain, about 2"group, then Winchester LR ammo with the 190 Long Range Accubond, about 1.25" groups. I did try a handload for my 300WM Sendero with RL25 and the 180 Accubond, that load (1 group) was sub MOA, so maybe I can get sub MOA with that or 180BT, 200Acc, 215 Berger or other bullets I have on hand.

But here are my 2 bigger concerns:
1. Going from one load to another, I have WILD POI swings even with the same bullet weights, we all see some shifts but I am talking 12-15" shifts at 100 yards, this being the horizontal shift, vertical would not vary too much with the same bullet weight.
2. I wonder if the receiver threads were not square with the receiver, as there was no way I could sight in a scope with the 20MOA P. rail I bought from EGW. Yes, I know that can happen with a scope with limited vertical adj. & I experienced that with a M700 5R 308 with a Nikon M308 scope, but I mounted a Zeiss V4 4-16 scope which has plenty of adjustment. When I took the 20 MOA base off and installed an EGW zero base I still had to use almost all of my adjustment to get the 100 yd. zero & that REALLY got my attention.

Please let me know you thoughts on this and if any have experienced this.

Thanks