Can anyone tell me the difference between the earlier Savage Model 14 and the later American Classic Model 14.

1)Wondering about the production years of each.
2) How the two rifles with the same model number differed if at all.
3) How they compared with the Model 110 rifle. Were they a upgrade of the 110 or a cheaper produced version like the Remington 700ADL vs the more expensive 700BDL?
4) Pros and cons of either Model 14 and Classic 14.
5) Was the American Classic just a reissue of the early 14 or did it have upgrades?
6) Curious why Savage dropped the 14 the first time and only had a short run the 2nd issue.

Friend of mine has a early 14 in .222 Remington and it is a very accurate coyote killer. Like its lines and the rear bolt handle arrangement like on the 110's. I've seen a few early and late 14's once in a while at local gun shops and gun shows. but not in the caliber I'm seeking, .223. Want that caliber due to having brass, bullets, die's, etc already, not wanting to have to buy all new components and I'd like to stay in the .224 bullet diameter caliber, don't want 22/250 either. Any info would be appreciated. Can't find much on the web or search's on this forum. Thank you.

Well I'll be---after posting this I tried searching for 14 and 14 classic and at least nine pages popped up. A close read scan of the first 2-3 sort of answered some questions a bit, but not thoroughly the questions I posted. The first time I tried doing a search it came back as not enough information given for search. I refined it and still nothing. Have some now, but would still be interested in any feedback. Thank you.