Quote Originally Posted by jpdown View Post
The Stockade Hunter LA l purchase years ago is 28 oz. It has the blind magazine box which adds 1.8 oz. Add 2.2 oz for metal trigger guard. The Savage LA metal DBM assembly is 9.3 oz with magazine box attached. The Savage LA plastic DBM assembly with Axis-style magazine attached is 4.4 oz. A Savage factory 22” sporter barrel is 2 lbs 6 oz vs the 20” FW version which is 2.0 lbs. My Savage LA LWH walnut stock at 26 oz is the lightest non-tupperware stock I’ve found. But finding a take-off for sale is almost impossible. If you can take the sticker shock, contact Savage Arms Parts to buy one.
Interesting. I'm not sure why he would tell me 2 1/2 lbs. then. ???

I weighed my factory plastic stock with the plastic bottom insert and Axis style magazine on board. This is the older, original "XP" stock with the hockey puck recoil pad. It weighed 1 lb. 14 oz. on my scale, or 30 oz. Not too bad for a stock with the detachable magazine inserted and trigger guard on.

I'll shoot it and see how it does. I've bedded several stocks, and if I like this one, I'll probably bed around the recoil log like tobnpr said. I had another plastic (Howa) stock that after I bedded the recoil lug, it was incredibly accurate.