Thread: Highest quality aftermarket Savage replacement barrels

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeinco View Post
    define decent and accurate.
    define minimal cost
    ( sounds like cheap and impatient).
    Impatient, you bet. No reason for it to take a whole shooting season to get a barrel made. A lot of places are stocking "ready made" barrels now and those are the one's I'm interested in, screw it on and go shoot. Accuracy, it can be there is the blank is not janked up to start with (my current problem with Criterion) I'm running a Shaw 7mm08 that shoots 10 shots at about 1.750 at 300 yards and a X-caliber 6mm Creedmoor that will shoot an inch at 300 and I have a 6mm BR the can do under 1 inch with 80gr bullets at 300yds. and the most expensive barrel is the BR barrel at $330.00 and all are pre-fits. I shoot a lot and have actually shot out new barrels in one season. Its a little bit easier to throw away worn out barrels that cost less to start with.

Banned
    it is called SUPPLY AND DEMAND.
    IF JUST A BLANK.....one of the top in the country, krieger has often been at 12 months lead time...BECAUSE THEY WILL NOT COMPROMIES QUALITY.
    IF YOU ARE TALKING A GUNSMITH THAT CHAMBERS AND FITS BLANKS...same thing it takes time even it you think not, and they likely have customers in line willing to wait while you settle for mass produces run of the mill stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty Trigger View Post
    Impatient, you bet. No reason for it to take a whole shooting season to get a barrel made. A lot of places are stocking "ready made" barrels now and those are the one's I'm interested in, screw it on and go shoot. Accuracy, it can be there is the blank is not janked up to start with (my current problem with Criterion) I'm running a Shaw 7mm08 that shoots 10 shots at about 1.750 at 300 yards and a X-caliber 6mm Creedmoor that will shoot an inch at 300 and I have a 6mm BR the can do under 1 inch with 80gr bullets at 300yds. and the most expensive barrel is the BR barrel at $330.00 and all are pre-fits. I shoot a lot and have actually shot out new barrels in one season. Its a little bit easier to throw away worn out barrels that cost less to start with.