Ok the way I see it is the Savage 12 fv is really a model 10 or now a 110 .
But the Savage ashburry is really a target action 12 but called a 10 .
The ashburry i have came with a stock red blade ( target trigger). The action top is closed with the port window for a bolt opening
The 12 fv is open top like all other model 10 the barrel shank on the cabellas model is small shank . (correct me if I am wrong) .
The barrel shank on the ashburry is large shank like all other target actions . What the heck is wrong with Savage . Bad enough they keep making slight changes to action screw spacing center feed VS stagger feed magazines . Magazines with plastic tab Ala axis . Different types of bottom metal . Some side bolt release some bottom bolt release. Going from 10 model nomenclature to 110 both can be short action . How the heck is some one to know what they have 1/2 the time. If it was not for this forum we would all be lost. My belief is it is done purposefully . Their version of engineered obsolescence . Keep making changes to limit after market accessibility to make public buy new gun to get what they want . Making it difficult to customize our guns raises the probability we will just buy another, Unfortunately many others have just abandoned the brand for other less complicated options . Such small things to fix like bolt lift problem for decades. Or the ejection issues. We all have figured the solutions to these issues they are cheap ez fixes in manufacturing . I would pay a few bucks for a better manufactured gun. With their accuracy who could compete. Leave the axis line for budget gun but allow the upper line to have the best manufacturing processes . Lets stop sticking same old problems in another chassis calling it innovative and really polish the kinks out. You would not need to market it so much it would write its own ticket. Just my opinion lets take the challenge Savage ill be first in line.